SCF Children's Academy
SCF Children’s Academy Fundraising campaign
- Cycle For Hope
- SCF Children’s Academy Inaugural Golf Charity Game 21st Oct 2022
Promote and develop the sport of cycling and offer pathways for the athlete's development through a series of academy and developmental programs.
- A progressive and year-long programme for school students, targeting those from primary to secondary school levels.
- Outreach and mass participation activity
- Talent Identification – Technically gifted students will be invited to train as part of a national youth squad for higher-level competitions.
- It is in line with the nation’s call for school-going children and youth to be exposed to organised outdoor and adventure-type activities.
- It is an added opportunity to keep our kids “off the streets” and being engaged in an organised and healthy activity.
- Through the programme, your students will learn about resilience and can build bonds and friendships outside of school.
- It is a progressive, four-year programme.
- They will learn a life skill.
- They will pick up a new sport that they can carry to adulthood.
- They will become healthier, fitter, stronger and more confident young adults.
- They will learn basic bike maintenance skills.They will be taught about the science and mechanics of cycling – where possible, we will highlight “coachable” and “teachable” moments where what they have learnt in their science class makes sense through their cycling activity.
- Among other things, they will learn about,
– The physics behind speed and cadence
– How the various bike parts work
– Basic biomechanics – the symbiotic relationship between the body and bike to optimize performance
– Physical preparation – the importance of warm-up, cool downs and its role in physically preparing you for a sporting activity, the importance of hydration
Critical Success Factors
- Technical Expertise
- Long Term Performance Planning
- Training Programme & Performance Benchmarking
- Sports Science & Medicine (SSI, NYSI, MUVE Fitness)
- Athlete Development Pathway
- Training Environment
- Getting Started
- Braking & Stopping
- Balance & Body Position
- Shifting & Cadence
- Bike Repair & Maintenance
- Fitness for Riding
For registration and enquiries, please contact us.
email: email@example.com or call +65 67846621